Sunday, November 24, 2013

Master Bath Board

This blustery cold (even non-Texans would have called our weekend cold) Saturday I trekked back to the tile store, this time with Chase & Elle in tow.  Not the best place to take a two year old, but we survived!  

Contractor Dad said I needed to decide here shortly on our tile, so I wanted Chase to approve what I had picked out last week.  He acts like this is "my project" but it never fails that nearly half the things I chose, he vetoes.  

Here is the master bath plan, at least the most current : )




(clockwise)
California Faucet Satin Bronze Finish - I instantly fell in love with this finish!  It’s the perfect bronze.  Not so overpowering or trendy.  It looks beautiful with nickel, brass, chrome -- it's a wonderfully strange neutral finish.  Each store I priced out, I asked if they had another company with a similar finish, and there were none.  SOLD! California Faucets it is!

Marble Herringbone tile for the floor 6 x 12 in tiles

This Barclay tub is the only tub we can decide on and the price isn't so bad either.

I love white . . . a lot!  But one day I came across this image of a dark stained cabinet in a beautiful white/marble bathroom.  It balanced the lighter shades so well I think I'm going to stain ours.  This cabinet looks nothing like the usual dark stained wood that you see, that's why I love it!  In the original image you can see how stunning it is!  

White penny tile with a dark grey grout on the floor in the shower (with the satin bronze drain -- AMAZING!)

Not sold on this color, also thinking about a bright white.

I have gone back and forth on the tile in the shower until I saw this image on Pinterest.  It's the perfect way to use marble but not spend your whole budget on a such a small space.  White Subway tile with a marble border (the same size as on the floor), and maybe a small marble pencil tile detail about a third of the way up from the floor.  

And finally, instead of a bath math I'd love to find a beautifully aged oriental to bring some color and warmth in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment