Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Kids' Bath Board

The layout for the kids' bath is referred to as a "Hollywood Bath" (according to my friend/realtor).  It's similar to a Jack and Jill Bath, except in a Hollywood layout the bathtub is shared with each side having its own toilet and sink.  
Here's the (most current) Kids' plan . . .


clockwise . . . 

Love this basic clean, straight-line designed toilet.

And of course I'm using subway tile on the wall in the shared bathtub.  What else would I use ; )

For Elle's side I'm thinking about painting it the same color I had her bathroom in the old house, Benjamin Moore Lavender Secret (weird name, I know).  I'll hang her 6 Shel Silverstein poems that are packed up somewhere (along with the other 85% of personal belongings).   

Liking this Kohler polished chrome faucet for both sinks. 

Ok, ok so I don't know what to do!  I really want this Ikea sink console.  Chase immediately vetoes anything from Ikea.  He argues that the quality sucks!  Which is usually does, but I have had my Liatorp console table for five years and five moves (two of which were half way across the country) and it is still in amazing condition!!  I made the trek up to Frisco (aka Oklahoma, ha!) to check out these in person and they were surprisingly nice.  I hate to spend the money on custom cabinets in these rooms.      

Not completely sure what color to paint the other side.  I don't think I can ever go wrong with Restoration Hardware Silver Sage.   I'm missing this color from our old house.  It was so beautiful in Elle's room!

And this is the little girl who will get to enjoy this bathroom.  Hopefully she'll be learning how to potty in here soon! 

I have been eyeing this moss penny tile for a while.  These will go on the floor in all three parts of the bathroom (the two separate sink/toilet room and bathtub room) I was worried it would look too "mossy green" for my all white likings.  Oh man, it's awesome!  My little iphone pic does not do it justice, nor do most of the pics floating around Pinterest.  It is such a beautiful color and honestly it reminds me of Restoration Hardware's silver sage -- sometimes it looks grey, sometimes, blue, sometimes green.  


No comments:

Post a Comment