Monday, June 24, 2013

Mixed Green Salad with Salmon

Now that summer has officially begun in Texas I am craving light dinners.  I need more salad recipes!  I really only have a few go-to ones, and I am so tired of those!   These hot summers leave me craving salads, fish, fruit and white wine.

I ran up to Whole Foods hoping to find a salad inspiration.  Salmon sounded good, but I wasn't sure what to put in with it.  Definitely some avocados and cucumbers, but aside from that I had no I idea.  Here's what I came up with . . .



Mixed Green Salad with Salmon
(no measurements here, equal parts of each)

mixed greens
red onions, sliced
green beans, steamed then cooled
avocado
tomato
cucumber
dijon & maple baked salmon filet
goat cheese

I tossed all the ingredients (except the goat cheese) together with the best vinaigrette (it's just a bit sweet).  And because the goat cheese is so soft, I sprinkled it on top just before serving.

Standby Vinaigrette  
from Gwyneth Paltrow's, My Father's Daughter

2 tsp   dijon mustard
1 tsp   maple syrup
1/4 c   red wine vinegar
2 tbl   vegetable oil
1/2 c  extra virgin olive oil
coarse salt
fresh ground pepper



No comments:

Post a Comment