Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Collecting a Mantel


Since we moved into our home 2 years ago I have never finished collecting pieces for out mantel.  It's quite a sad little mantel anyways.  There is not much too it, not much depth to it.  I finally hung my mirror after a year and a half.  It's just one of those things in the house that I can't decide on how I want it to look.

I love the mirror above it, and typically never hang a mirror horizontal.  A few weeks ago I arranged the flowers for a friends wedding shower.   side note: I think I missed my calling in life.  I had way too much fun doing it!  And not to brag, but I think they turned our beautiful!  They were a combination of tulips, roses, dahlias and eucalyptus. Most of the flowers were from our local grocery store too, cheap and pretty!    And lucky for me I brought most of them home from the party and used them on the mantel.  For about a week my mantel was complete . . . and then they died.  I guess my solution will be to always have beautiful fresh arrangements up there! HA!





No comments:

Post a Comment