Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Elle's Nursery

3 months later I'm finally getting around to posting pictures of our nursery.  After all the inspiration pictures, this is what I came up with . . .

Disclaimer:  This is still a major work-in-progres!!!

The floor lamp was a gift from my aunt, as well as a few other pieces in the room including the mural.  This glider was worth every penny.  I really didn't start using it until Elle began sleeping in her room.  Now it's where you can find me at 5 am.
 Tree Floor Lamp
White Slipcovered Chair

During all the house construction I had my painter spray this sideboard.  My little brother acquired this from an old apartment (the older woman didn't want it anymore).  Free piece of furniture, Yes Please!  I had the hardest time finding a plain white - and I mean white, not cream! - changing mattress cover.  Of course Serena & Lily came through for me.  Elle's BlahBlah bird mobile was an instant favorite.  I couldn't believe how much she loved this mobile given that it doesn't sing, dance, move, etc.  I really only bought it because it was pretty.  
BlahBlah Bird mobile


Our giant bear was a gift from Grandma : )  I'm sure it will be a favorite for reading in the corner.  The giraffes are in the opposite corner, I had to add a pic of them.



I had the hardest time finding bedding!!!!!!  Not finding out the sex of Elle didn't make it any easier.  I was about to go with all white then add color later, when I stumbled on Rickshaw Design.  Instantly, I fell in love.  The only downfall is that you cannot mix and match colors.  Her things are absolutely beautiful though!  I chose the orange thinking it was gender neutral enough.  The hubby informed me that if we would of had a boy, this bedding would have been shipped back -- not neutral enough I guess : )  And because the bird mobile was such a hit, I picked up the lamb one this weekend.
Rickshaw Design Bedding
BlahBlah Lamb Mobile

More pics to come as the room progresses . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment