Thursday, January 5, 2012

Chicken Alfredo...I guess?

My mission from Chase: a light pasta
Ingredients in the kitchen: frozen peas, frozen corn, parmesan cheese, mozzarella, fettuccine, chicken breasts, butter, parsley, half and half


I really wanted a creamy pasta with a veggie and did not want to make a trip to the grocery store.  I remembered an episode of The Chew where Mario Batali made Fettuccine Alfredo.  I'm not always a huge fan, but his version actually looked light and most importantly, EASY!  There were definitely a few other combinations that were in the running, but this guy was the easiest.


During Elle's 20 min evening nap, I cooked the chicken breasts.  Then waited for Chase to get home to finish everything else off.






Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo...I guess


1/2 lb  fettuccine noodles
1 c   frozen peas
1   grilled chicken breast, diced
6 tbl   butter
1/4 c   parmesan cheese
chopped parsley
salt & pepper


Cook the pasta according to the package.  Throw in your peas to the boiling pasta during the last few minutes.  Reserve about a cup of the pasta water before draining.  Drain pasta and peas.  Combine cooked pasta, peas, chicken, butter, parmesan, butter.  Stir until the butter and cheese has melted, coating all the noodles.  Top with the parsley and there you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment