Thursday, June 23, 2011

Countertop Hunting

I was overjoyed when I got the go ahead to redo some of the kitchen in the new house.  The plan is to make one of the walls in the kitchen a countertop opening into the new den.  Doing this means laying new countertops on this side of the kitchen.  Personally I am SO over the same speckled granite (which is currently on the existing countertops).  Sooo while we have the guys tearing things up, we might as well have them take up the existing countertops and lay some pretty ones down : )


Concrete or Carrera marble Countertops were always on the tops of my list!  After doing a little research, I'm not sold that they are the best choice.  Unfortunately granite seems to be the lowest maintenance option.  Recently I read up on quartz which is very similar to granite.  The only con I read was that it was a solid color...I'm not sold on that being a con though.  I would love some feedback from personal experiences with countertops!


My Vision:  bright white cabinets, white subway tiles, with a gray countertop


This countertop is done in Soapstone.  Love the look of it, but don't know much about Soapstone.  
found here

found here
This is the kitchen currently.  Not too bad, just not my taste.  The wall where the refrigerator is will become a countertop looking over into the den.  (obviously the refrigerator will be moved)


Please feel free to add your two cents about countertops, I'm feeling quite overwhelmed with all choices!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment